Are you looking to invest in Ethereum or buy NFTs? If so, you have a better option to use the transfer ETH to the MetaMask wallet. The main safety transaction is the important reason for choosing the MetaMask wallet. You have the step-by-step guide to transfer ethereum to metamask from Coinbase.
What Is MetaMask?
MetaMask is a unique platform allowing the user to easily store as well as manage the account keys. These are perfect for sending and receiving Ethereum-based Cryptocurrencies and tokens. The unique broadcast transaction makes this method a highly safer option.
The MetaMask also allows the user to easily connect with the blockchain applications. The wallet transaction takes only a quick time from anywhere across the world. It will be a great option for exploring the complete decentralized web securely using the wallet. The non-custodial wallet provides the user with secure private keys even without any hassle.
First Steps To Set Up MetaMask Wallet
MetaMask is a unique hot storage or software-based crypto wallet suitable for interacting Ethereum blockchain. User has a better option for easily interacting with the Decentralized Applications (Dapps). Below are the steps for Transfer Ethereum to MetaMask and setting MetaMask wallet
- Download MetaMask from the official website
- Download the Android or IOS app for your mobile device.
- Choose “Get Started”
- Choose either “Import Wallet” or “Create a Wallet.”
- Choose ‘Create a Wallet’
- Click “Import Wallet”
- Enter secret phrase
- Ensure to create the strongest possible password
- Write on multiple pieces of paper
- Store paper in multiple secure locations
- Confirm the secret recovery phrase
- Enter the secret recovery phrase again to log in
- You will be logged into the MetaMask wallet
To create the password, you are required to make a strong password. These could be in the lower case letters, numbers, different symbols and upper case numbers. This ensures you are creating a strong password for your wallet. The secret phrase is quite similar to that of the Web3 version of Social Security Numbers. It is quite important to write it down on a piece of paper for storing in a secure location. It is best to store in multiple secure locations.
Second Steps To Set Up Coinbase Account
For sending the Ethereum, you are required to have both a Coinbase and MetaMask account. Steps for setting up the Coinbase account have been displayed below. Coinbase was launched in the year 2012 and became one of the highest-used crypto exchange platforms.
Based on the report, there are more than 89 million registered users available. So you have the better option to trust Coinbase for making the crypto exchange securely. Follow the below steps for setting up the Coinbase account.
- Go to Coinbase from the browser on the PC
- Download and open Coinbase app on Android or iOS
- Click “Verify Email Address” in the email received from Coinbase
- Enter your phone number
- Sign into Coinbase
- Enter the 7-digit code Coinbase
- Enter personal information
- Enter all required info from a government-issued photo ID
- Sign into Coinbase again
- Complete ID verification
- Choose payment methods to link to Coinbase
- Choose to link to a Bank Account, Wire Transfer, PayPal, Debit Card, or other forms of payment.
Transfer Ethereum To MetaMask (Quick Guide)
- Open MetaMask and click on the account icon on the top right corner.
- Copy your MetaMask address by clicking on the clipboard icon next to it.
- Go to your Ethereum wallet or exchange where you have your Ethereum and initiate a send transaction.
- Paste your MetaMask address as the recipient and enter the amount of Ethereum you want to transfer.
- Confirm the transaction and wait for processed by the network.
- You should see your Ethereum balance updated in MetaMask once the confirm transactions on Metamask.
Steps To Transfer Ethereum To A MetaMask Wallet:
MetaMask crypto wallet is one of the best options for storing your cryptos. These are also useful for more attributes that include sending and receiving cryptos securely. A metaMask crypto wallet is a popular option as then only the quick and simplified setup Transfer Ethereum to MetaMask process.
Step 1: Sign In Coinbase Account
You will need to initiate the transfer of THE by signing in to the Coinbase account. It helps to quickly buy or access Ethereum for Transfer Ethereum to MetaMask.
Step 2: Buy Ethereum (ETH)
- Open the Coinbase account
- Navigate to the ‘Buy/Sell button
- Select Buy
- Enter the amount of money to convert to ETH
- Double-check you are buying Ethereum
- Choose payment method
- Click ‘Preview Buy’
- Confirm everything looks good
- Double check payment method
- Take notice of the Coinbase fee
- Select ‘Buy Now
You can conveniently view the balance under the Assets tab when you have purchased the ETH. The Coinbase fee also affects the purchase price along with the amount of the ETH.
Step 3: Send Ethereum
- Make sure ETH is available in your Coinbase account
- Navigate to the top of the account
- Click the “Send/Receive” button
- Choose the amount of ETH to send to the MetaMask wallet
- Select “pay with Ethereum.”
Step 4: Add MetaMask Address To Coinbase
Normally, you are required to sign into the MetaMask wallet with the copying wallet address before sending ETH. A wallet address is found at the top of the wallet profile in the Account section. The wallet address will be made with 42 characters, so you can start with “0x”.
- Open chrome extension
- Copy to Clipboard
- Click on address
- Paste your Metamask wallet address into Coinbase account
Step 5: Click Continue
- Paste your MetaMask wallet in Coinbase
- Click “Continue” to review the transfer
- Click “Send Now”
Ethereum fee varies based on Network (blockchain) usage, so these are also not determined by Coinbase. It would take taking up to 10 minutes to easily receive the Ethereum in the MetaMask wallet.
Step 6: Open MetaMask Wallet
- Log into the MetaMask wallet
- Preview new balance
- Confirm you have received your ETH
- Click the “Assets tab” to view ETH when you have multiple assets in your wallet.
Transferring the Ethereum to MetaMask is one of the simple processes when you have set up the MetaMask wallet and Coinbase account. You can use Coinbase Pay to deposit the tokens. This lets you seamlessly Transfer Ethereum to MetaMask.